CrossFit Open workout 20.5
For time, partitioned any way:
120 wall-ball shots
14-lb. ball to 9 ft.
20-lb. ball to 10 ft.
Time cap: 20 minutes
20.1 TIPS FROM SARA SIGMUNDSDOTTIR
Strategy is key when it comes to CrossFit Open workout 20.5!
There is already a huge spectrum of different opinions on the best way to tackle this workout, but knowledge is power so have a look through the following ideas and see which one will be best for you. You know your ability level better than anyone, so challenge yourself and put it all on the line for the last Open WOD! Good luck and have fun.
Click on the following link to find the tips you would like to follow
CrossFit Open Workout 20.5 – Quick Tips from Cole Sager
- What will allow you to have the highest average pace possible? You need to have the fastest transitions in and out of the straps that you can.
- As soon as you get on the rower, get the flywheel going, give it a couple of short, hard pulls.
Ring Muscle Ups
- Do sets you know you can hit. You don’t want to use all of your energy jumping up and down from the rings.
- Find rings with shorter straps so they aren’t swaying all over the place and you waste time trying to grab them again.
- Turn your elbows over as fast as possible.
- Wall Balls are the movement that you will ideally moderate the workout with. If you are good at wall balls, try to speed up the cycle rate. Pop your hips up out of the bottom of the squat.
- Cycle rate and quick transitions are usually faster than longer unbroken sets that require rest afterwards.
If you can’t do ring muscle ups well, or have done a few in the past, ensure the best tiebreak time possible by completing the rest of the work first. Beyond that, any muscle up you can get will be a huge advantage over other athletes of a similar level to yourself.
” I think 5 rounds of 24 wall balls and 16 cal row would get a pretty good tiebreak time, and then try to get as many reps as possible on the muscle ups.”
WODprep Best Beginner Drill for Muscle Ups
Worried about the Muscle Ups? This video from WODpre will help.