CrossFit Open Workout 19.5 is a couplet of chest to bar pull ups and thrusters, here is how to scale the WOD.
CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 19.5
33-27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Time cap: 20 minutes
- Men 95lb
- Women 65lb
HOW TO SCALE CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 19.5
Scaled: (Ages 16-54)
- Men use 65 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
- Women use 45 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
- Boys use 65 lb.
- Girls use 45 lb.
Scaled Teenagers 14-15:
- Boys use 45 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
- Girls use 35 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
- Men use 65 lb. and perform chin-over-bar pull-ups
- Women use 45 lb. and perform chin-over-bar pull-ups
Scaled Masters 55+:
- Men use 45 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
- Women use 35 lb. and perform jumping pull-ups
This workout begins with the barbell on the floor and the athlete standing tall. After the call of “3, 2, 1 … go,” the athlete may perform 33 thrusters, then 33 chest-to-bar pull-ups. The athlete will repeat this couplet, performing 27 thrusters and 27 chest-to-bar pull-ups, 21 and 21, 15 and 15, and finally 9 and 9.
The athlete’s score will be the total time it takes to complete the entire workout or the total number of repetitions completed before the 20-minute time cap.
CROSSFIT OPEN WORKOUT 19.5 – MOVEMENT STANDARDS
THE OPEN: QUICK STATS
This five-week, five-workout competition is held in CrossFit affiliates around the world. Workouts are released online each Thursday, and athletes have until the following Monday to submit their scores. Anyone who’s at least 14 years old can sign up and join in the first stage of the CrossFit Games season.
- In 2016, 324,000 athletes participated in the worldwide CrossFit Open—the first stage of competition. From there, 260 athletes—40 men, 40 women and 30 teams of 6—moved on to eight Regional events where the top five in each category would earn an invitation to the Games.
- in 2017 there were more than 380,000 participants in the CrossFit Open.
- In 2018, 429,157 athletes completed at least one workout from the CrossFit Open
Make your technique more efficient.