One thing that separates CrossFit from most other training systems is the fact that you are required to develop proficiency in a wide range of fitness modalities- weightlifting, gymnastics, powerlifting, etc
The MMA game is very similar and unlike boxing, wrestling or any specific martial arts, MMA fighters are required to be generalists in all the systems. There are a lot of variables, and when it comes to coaching, that makes things a lot more challenging.
In this week’s show, we linked up with wrestling coach, Darryl Christian at RVCA (@rvca) headquarters to chat about how he is working with some of the top MMA fighters in the game like Dominick Cruz. We talk program design and get into the details of what he looks into when working with some of the top fighters. If you are fighter, a CrossFitter, or anyone who is looking to get more strategic in your training, there is a lot to take away from this episode. We dive into topics such as:
- How to measure training volume.
- When and why to focus on recovery vs high volume weeks.
- How to strategically train for strengths and weaknesses in multi fascinated sports (like CrossFit and MMA).
- How to work and communicate with multiple coaches at the same time.
Enjoy the show,
Video (Subscribe to our Youtube channel):
Be sure to leave us a 5 star rating on Itunes. Thanks!
- Follow Darryl on instagram (@Darrylch)
- Subscribe to Barbell Shrugged on Youtube, Facebook and Instagram for the newest episodes and updates.
The post Program Design Strategies with MMA Coach, Darryl Christian – Episode 257 appeared first on Barbell Shrugged.