* GET THE BEST RACK POSITION YOU CAN *
A strong rack position improves your chances of standing up out of a heavy clean. It is common for beginners to struggle with the position as people often have incredibly tight lats and triceps. Rolling the lats, triceps and wrists and stretching them during your warm up will help get those elbows higher and the bar comfortably resting on the shoulders whilst gripping the bar.
Stretching out using the bar is also a fantastic way to improve it, place the barbell into the back squat position, and use the weight of the bar to rotate one elbow up at a time whilst keeping the hands on the bar and the body straight.
Tip: If you have to sacrifice gripping the bar in the rack position to have your elbows up, sacrifice the grip and open your hands.
“CLEAN” from “Olympic weightlifting in slow motion and at diffferent angles” series. ——— @Torokhtiy_GANG ——— Видео “ВЗЯТИЕ на ГРУДЬ” из серии “Тяжелая атлетика в замедленном движении и под разными углами” ____________ #Torokhtiy_GANG #WarmBodyColdMind #focusbitch #weightlifting #weightlifter #crossfit #crossfiter #halterofilia #clean #powerclean #cleanpull #deadlift #торохтий #torokhtiy #usaweightlifting #crossfitregional #crossfitgames #olympicweightlifting #olympicgames
The power clean can be used to train speed and force production in both the second pull and the third pull by limiting the amount of time and distance the lifter has available to get under the bar. It can also be used as a clean variation for lighter training days. The power clean can also be useful as part of a learning progression for beginners who are not yet mobile enough to sit in the front squat position.
- Stand with your feet slightly wider than shoulder width apart. Toes should be pointing out a touch.
- Squat down and tackle the bar with a closed hook grip. Your hands should be slightly wider than shoulder width apart outside the knees with elbows fully extended.
- Place the bar in front of your shins and over the balls of your feet.
- Your back should be flat or slightly arched, your chest held up and out and your shoulder blades should be pull back.
- Keep your head in a neutral position with your eyes focused straight ahead.
- Watch your foot position. The weight should be on your whole feet, not only on the heel.
The post * WEIGHTLIFTING TIPS * Improve your Clean Technique with Video Tutorials from Former Olympic Champion appeared first on BOXROX.